ABOUT itSMF Ireland
About the itSMF
itSMF Ireland is an affiliated body of itSMF International, a global membership organisation, established
to promote and develop best practice in IT Service Management. itSMF Ireland has a high degree of
autonomy, with the itSMF International "umbrella" body, itSMF International, providing support to the
national chapters and a light directional control.
itSMF Ireland is constituted as a 'private company limited by guarantee', and consequently it is not a
business in the traditional sense. In order to fulfil this role it must address the needs of its members
as well as generate sufficient funds to maintain itself.
To be the premier community for leadership in IT Service Management in Ireland.
To provide a forum for our membership to enable them to exchange views, share experiences and
participate in the continuous development and promotion of best practice and standards, through a
range of services that delivers significant value to their enterprises.
The corporate objectives to enable the achievement of the mission are to:
- Establish and maintain a membership base, covering the widest professional IT and business
- Represent the interests and views of the membership base.
- Provide a forum for bringing together users, suppliers and other stakeholders of IT services and
- Support and influence and, where appropriate, produce and publish best practice standards and
guidelines for IT service management, such as ITIL and national and international standards (e.g.
- Increase the level of professionalism within the industry – through the promotion and
development of globally recognised qualifications, and the support for the Institute of Service
Management to which registered practitioners can belong.
- Develop a growing portfolio of services that deliver real benefit to the members.
- Recognise and reward individuals and organisations that make significant contributions to the
advancement of best practice, standards and professionalism in the IT Service Management field.
- Maintain financial viability.
- Increase the general awareness of IT Service Management.